• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and teaching - prayer ministry - Christian fiction
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Cornerstone Community Church

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

God has been working in my life in recent months through deep trial.  I have learned all over again what it means to trust and obey Him.  I have learned that the instructions given in His Word to obey and be blessed are really true!  He is truly worthy to be trusted.

• Kevin Blankenship, Charles Miles and Ginger like this

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

I would never say that God causes trials to enter our lives, but then I would never say that He does not cause them either.  I will say this however...God will use trials and problems we face to get our attention.  It is hard for us to trust some things God says He will do for us until we actally see them in action. We often look at God promises and think that they are there for somebody else, but then we are suddenly placed in a position that we just can`t handle.  We then turn to those very promises and realize that they are there for us.....and always were there for us. Faith, as I define it, is trusting that God will do everything He says He will do. 

He alone is worthy,

Charlie

• Julie Daube, Kevin Blankenship, prayerpower and 2 others like this

#3 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

God certainly allowed trials to enter Job's life.  But by no means am I knowledgeable enough or wise enough to be able to say with absolute certainty that the message of the Book of Job is that God will allow the temptor to harass we people of the Faith.  I simply don't know.  But it DOES bear mentioning.

The last couple of months for me has been among the most difficult of my entire Walk with Christ Jesus.  I feel that I am climbing out of the valley. And Faith tells me that if I look at the tracks behind me, I will see that I was never alone and that God was with me every step of the way. "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."

To the original poster, PrayerPower:  Your post couldn't have come at a better time!!!!  And to Charles Miles:  You took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak. 

I needed to read both of these posts today!!!!! Thanks and God bless!!!

• prayerpower and Ginger like this

#4 prayerpower

prayerpower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and teaching - prayer ministry - Christian fiction
  • I am a Layperson

• Cornerstone Community Church

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Replying to Charlie and Kevin - I am so thankful for the things God has taught me during the last 21 months of trial.  The greatest is that, no matter how I may "feel" at that moment, God is still the same.  He always loves me, is always in control of my trial, is always shielding me from the evil one.  He guides and directs my path and always calls my focus back to Him.  I am glad that my main burden is now lifted, but I would not trade the changes He has made in me for any amount of comfort.  What a Savior we have!  His Word is tested, tried, and found to be true!

• Charles Miles and Ginger like this

#5 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

Some old comedian once told a story and ended it with..."man, wouldn`t it be a terrible thing if we died and later learned that we were used as an example of how troubles effect people"?  Well, I think that is exactly what goes on every day in this fallen world of ours.  Maybe christians don`t want to be examples of how bad things effect people, but we all are examples of something, whether christian or nonchristian.  The christian is, or should be, the example of what happens when bad things happen to people who have the indwelling Holy Spirit in their lives.  I would like to say that I accept trials and troubles that hit me as just minor things that have little, if any, effect on my attitude and produce no stress or worry.....but I struggle with stuff, get angy, speak when I should remain silent, and generally mess up.  I will say this, I`m better than I used to be when a trailer load of life`s dung is dumped on me, but I keep praying to be able to handle all that as Jesus would handle it.  When the christian understands that he/she has a mediator at the throne of God and is already forgiven, the road becomes much more tolerable and the troubles are really only events that allow us to learn trust and increase faith.  Still it is not a fun thing, but my understanding of God`s faithfulness, love, grace, and omnipotence is made clearer and clearer.

Praise God because He is who He is,

Charlie

• Ginger likes this

#6 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Today it seems that obeying the LORD is also by faith and from my spirit, well it seems to be so for me and then sometimes becoming aware of experiencing grace and God's presence comes while I am just dealing with a very basic activity in this day's living. Struggling with a simple thing was getting me down and the Lord just came with HIs gentle touch and with His sweetness. 

Sharing part of a prayer written on the page for this day because I too was reminded of obeying.

….so please tend to each person as only you know how to and grant that we may know you and obey you …. For obeying you is truly loving you an doing what you say. Help us to encourage one another and let our words to ourselves and to others be tempered by your Holy Spirit for it is written, "Not by might, nor by power but by my Spirit sayeth the Lord God of Host.

Can you imagine an old lady hearing 'only believe' and it be like Jesus speaking to a young child?  Well, the thought just came, so I put the words here.

Thank you so much for sharing and being encouragers. 

Ginger