CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

I can do better, but chose not to. I want to admit to this truth right off.

Today was Sunday. My ministry at my new church I serve in was shut down today. I knew about it in advance and decided to go to my old church and serve in my old ministry. My old church is great, just a wee bit to far for me and gas. I love serving at church. There was a new guy in my old ministry. I introduced myself to him and told him who I was and why I was there. He was not in charge. He was another volunteer serving. Well, I was chatting with an old friend about old situations and this new guy was with in hear shot. He did not know what we were talking about as it was before his time, but he rudely interrupted and accused me of being insulting and gossiping about a person he does not know and does not know the details about. That was one thing, but I allowed the devil to get to me at church and I rudely reply back to him that I didn’t care what he thought cause he didn’t know what my friend and I were talking about to begin with. That I don’t live my life on his thoughts. That was wrong on me to reacted that way, especial at church and serving. I made it worst as I shun the guy the rest of the day cause I felt so offended by his accusations and lack of effort to understand before interrupting with his opinion. I allowed the devil to get to me at church today and I feel horrible about it. It is not about what this guy did or said, but the way I chose to react to him. I could have done alot better, but gave into the devil instead, at church. I wanted to apologize to this guy for my reactions and if possible, explain to him what I was originally saying to my friend, but I was told not to cause this guy also insulted others that where serving in the ministry. I was not being singled out by him. I am not sure when or if I will make it back to my old church, much less see this guy again, but I feel really bad cause I could of had a healthier and respectful reaction to him instead of allowing myself to go with the devil. I do not blame anyone. My actions are my choice and responsibility. I hope to see this guy again and at least apologize to him. If he is still rude or insulting, that is upon him. I can learn and change for the better to respond to him. I am going to try to really do better and think before I speak in a reaction. The devil should of not been allowed to get this foothold at church, but I allowed it. So much for being the Christian I thought I was becoming.

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

Christopher, we all respond in wrong and sinful ways at various times. It doesn't mean you are any less of a Christian. Why? Because your standing as a Christian is rooted in what Jesus did for you on the cross, not in your performance or behavior. Don't beat yourself up over this - that's just what the devil wants. Remember, he is the accuser.

Whenever you start to feel down on yourself or that you aren't measuring up as a Christian, remind yourself that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Lately I have been reading an excellent devotional called "100 Days of Right Believing." The last few days have focused on our acceptance by the Father in Christ. The text was from Ephesians 1:4-6: "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

No matter what you do or don't do, no matter how many times you fail, you are accepted in the beloved. Hold on to that truth, even if you have to repeat it every day. I make it a habit to regularly repeat the phrase "I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus." I do this especially when the devil attacks me with thoughts of failure, guilt and condemnation. Remember that God does not want you to feel guilty - that is what the devil wants. This is what God says about you: "There is now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus." This means you. :)
  • Charles Miles likes this

#3 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

Julie has it right...

No matter how hard we try, we fail many, many times...but that is not the problem.  Well, maybe a small one, but a child of God who has been recreated into a new being is able to see these trials and frequent failures for what they are.  Bluffs by Satan.  No one goes to hell because of what they do, they go to hell for what they are.  We have a mediator standing by the throne of God who understands our problems and what we face every day of our lives.  Yes, we should always try and do the "right thing", but we have a mediator even when we don`t get it right. Instead of outlaws, without hope, without God...we are citizens of His kingdom, and more than that, we are children in His family.  He says that once He has you in His hand, He will never let you go.  He has never lost even one.  Praise God for His faithfulness.

In Christ,

Charlie

• elizabethcog likes this