Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

The peace he gives to me,of which I do not deserve, utterly amazes me... Even in my fractured mind and decaying body lives a mighty Holy Spirit because that is how big,all knowing yet forgiving and loving and never changing and always good and kind my God is. He is the one true God that is love,that made a way for us(his creation) to know him intimately through acceptance of Jesus sacrifice on the cross,his coming back after three days dead in a closed up tomb to live and show himself so that we might believe...He wants to know you and save you for his glory to be shown to others that they might also seek him as those that truely seek after him will find him...thank you Jesus for not giving up on me even when i had given up on everything and everyone,thank you for accepting my brokeness and healing me whether this life or the next...pure peace....and love like i never imagined. Easyroad now? Quite the contrary as the enemy who prowls around still seeks me to devour more than ever really but my God is a mighty God who will use the brokeness of me and others to grow his kingdom,the kingdom,the family, of God.I pray you know Jesus friend and if you don't seek him and wait He will show you God.
  • Charles Miles, chipped china and Ginger like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:46 AM

Elizabeth, thank you. God Knows ... He used and is using your post to encourage me and I do identify with what you said.  I don't know how to use the quote feature so copied and pasted some of your words....... Agree experientially with the words. and say, Amen and amen.  Thank you for your post and for expressing what I didn't know how to.. "Even in my fractured mind and decaying body lives a mighty Holy Spirit because that is how big,all knowing yet forgiving and loving and never changing and always good and kind my God is."

Thanking God for you and for your writing and posting Jesus. O yes, Jesus.......... God knows.

• elizabethcog likes this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Amen! It's all the truth and nothing but the truth. Thank you Elizabeth. :)
  • elizabethcog and Ginger like this

#4 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Elizabeth,

Your post echoes the cry of my heart.  Your joy and ability to express your innermost feelings about your personal relationship with the Father really blesses me.  Oh the promises that have been kept down through the ages, and are still being kept today.  After reading your post I would think that anyone without such joy as yours would want to know how to obtain it in such measure. 

You bless me precious lady and sister in Christ,

Your brother in Christ,

Charlie

• elizabethcog and Ginger like this

#5 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

You all each bless and encourage me with your words,it is like I feel your good kind hearts and am so thankful for Jesus bringing us together in this life...and I look forward to the day we know one another in Heaven!
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D