Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

To get this Deeper Life forum back up to what it used to be. New posts and threads every morning. Sharing our experience, strength and hope with one another until Christ comes.  When this forum started slowing up due to the 'off topic' (I am guilty as any) stuff......I started visiting less and less and I see that I am not the only one. But I know that everyone's time table is different. But I am going to make it my obligation to my fellow Christians to post something everyday or at least every other day.

I have grown to love many of the regulars. It takes me a while to 'warm up' to people....especially on a forum where I cannot connect names and faces. (I will be adding an updated pic soon.....I get better looking with age.....LOL!!!)

So PLEASE.....c'mon girls and guys........we are ambassadors for Jesus Christ!!!!! WE HAVE SOMETHING RELEVANT TO SAY........whether we attended cemetary ......oops I mean seminary......or not.   So let's ROCK the boat.    Kevin Blankenship

• Julie Daube and Ginger like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

Welcome back, Kevin! When I noticed less traffic in the forums, I made it a point to post as often as I could, even if it was just to share a devotional I had read that day. You may want to check out some of my posts and weigh in on them (not many people responded to most of them, but I figured people were just busy with other things.)
  • Kevin Blankenship and Ginger like this

#3 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

I will Julie.  More than once have I gleaned some practically useful info from a devotional guide.  I use Tozer's but these are plenty of good one's out there.  Thanks for posting the devotionals.   And thanks for the reply. 

• Julie Daube likes this

#4 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

Good post Kevin! I like it.

I work full-time now and have since May so I don't get on the forum much any more. But, I'll try since it's great fellowship. Many people here have prayed for me and my family and I know it. Also, most people here have greatly contributed in some way to my spiritual growth.

I have some post ideas, but haven't been able to get to them. I will though. I will.

I agree that the forum has been kind of vacant lately. I thin it 's kind of typical of life, so the forum is just reacting to that. When I go on the forum and there aren't any posts, it's like walking into an empty room! But, I was excited to see your posts in my email inbox!! What you posted is a good thing IMO.

I love everyone here and read posts sometimes, even if I don't respond. I don't tend to "like" posts so much because if I forget one, folks can get touchy and offended.

I like the forum to stick on-topic. I'd like to have my neighbor friend who's a new believer get on here too. Maybe I'll tell her about it.

Yeah...we're BAAACK!
Love, Candice

#5 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Candace, I am looking forward to your new posting ideas!!!!  That's a grand idea!!!!

Ya know, so MANY times...in fact......more times than not......I would make posts that would help ME!!!!  I was hoping that if I absorbed enough Christian Thought and Christian facts that I would be a better and better Christian.  But it seems that I started off on the wrong track. I capitalized the word ME two sentences ago because I feel that being "ME-centered" is the crux of MY problem......my 'problem' being always feeling defeated and not 'up to snuff' with what God expects of ME. (See what I mean? I cannot seem to stop talking about ME....lol....sigh)

I want to grow in Christ. As I am sure that the rest of you do. I just don't know how to go about it. I THINK that I am on the correct track.  A couple of weeks ago I actually started crying at the frustration of not being able to change the inner ME even one iota. I'm not at all sure, but I THINK that I am actually starting to come to the END OF MYSELF.  I hope I am. Why? Because all of the old Christian writers talk about "Coming to the end of one's-self" as being VITAL to growing in grace and knowledge.

That episode was a tangible answer to prayer for me.  I had asked God to reveal to me the very truth of who I am and Who He (God) is and how they relate to one another properly. I believe that this was an eye-opening start.

In times past, my frustration at my own powerlessness would cause me to take on a  irritable (and even rude) disposition.....making little sly and cutting remarks to certain people(s). I had to repent of that...or rather....ask God to grant me "repentance unto life".  And then follow up that repentance with radical change (as the ability to do so is given by God).

There is my little "share" for the day. If it makes no sense or seems in error to the Bible......anyone here may (please) point me in the RIGHT direction. For on THAT DAY......I, and I am sure the rest of us, want to be found on the side of RIGHT and not of wrong.  In other words....I GLADLY ask for instruction on living out the practical Christian life. In other words, I want to worship God in spirit and in truth.  This is not something that one can take lightly, I believe. To err here is to gamble with one's future inheritance: an eternity spent with Jesus Christ!!!!! BREAK ME OH GOD!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

#6 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

I cannot seem to stop talking about ME....lol....sigh)
   I want to grow in Christ. As I am sure that the rest of you do. I just don't know how to go about it. I THINK that I am on the correct track.  A couple of weeks ago I actually started crying at the frustration of not being able to change the inner ME even one iota. I'm not at all sure, but I THINK that I am actually starting to come to the END OF MYSELF.  I hope I am. Why? Because all of the old Christian writers talk about "Coming to the end of one's-self" as being VITAL to growing in grace and knowledge.
   That episode was a tangible answer to prayer for me.  I had asked God to reveal to me the very truth of who I am and Who He (God) is and how they relate to one another properly. I believe that this was an eye-opening start.
    In times past, my frustration at my own powerlessness would cause me to take on a  irritable (and even rude) disposition.....making little sly and cutting remarks to certain people(s). I had to repent of that...or rather....ask God to grant me "repentance unto life".  And then follow up that repentance with radical change (as the ability to do so is given by God).
    There is my little "share" for the day. BREAK ME OH GOD!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

Kevin,
I can related to most of what you share here. The "me" thing seems to be going away more and more for ME as it must be the LORD who is working this out in me. However, I have selfish moments to be sure.

I'm glad you had tangible answers to prayer though. A breakthrough! No, a mild miracle???? LOL?? I can relate to feeling powerless. And we are. We don't think we are, but we are until.....the LORD lets us know, each on our own journey, that this is exactly where he wants us.
I think Watchman Nee's book "Release of the Spirit" is good for practical application of how the outerman must be broken. I don't think our efforts will ever do in this aspect. It is all Christ doing the work in us through His Holy Spirit. We must understand that.

"Break me oh God" is exactly where we need to be. And, this can be daily.

Thanks for the post!
Love, Candice

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Kevin, Julie, Candice,
Thank you

Add on.....

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Thanking God for what He is doing and have been, well, 'overwhelmed' is the word that comes to mind.  Been listening to some good mp3's on Ephesians.  This came about after trying to get some kind of handle on some things that I just was derailed about and the Lord Jesus had to help me to get from moment to moment..... What seems to be going to a strange extreme was looking at things on a website that turned out to be something that has helped me more than having the ability or energy to do some things. Whatever difficulties does not allow my intellect, will, or whatever to accomplish 'stuff' that I used to take for granted .....God allows the stuff too...... had to learn to seek His purpose in spite of outward appearances, and not shame or blame in any way and not even feel 'less than' whomever..... God is the only real 'more than'......  GOD KNOWS. 

Going to a site that focused on savants and reading and looking at videos let me come to see how Christ means He is all in all .... He will perfect that which pertains to or concerns me.... Psa 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

It took seeing Kim Peek's Dad and others be living out a supreme love that only God's love and grace somehow was shown in a special way where God revealed He loves us with lesser disabilities or having problems with whatever........ it came to a point that I shared a link and all I could write was "A Father's loving care" and "Thank you!" ......................................

https://www.wisconsi...-real-rain-man/

God used the lives of people with severe disabilities or limitations and their parents or care-givers to let me come to see something in a small way of how much love is given that some people just do not see or experience.

Being upset about failings and sins and reaching out to another person hoping to learn and to experience or to learn something that may be 'realistic' can get in the way of seeing 'HOW MUCH GOD LOVE US JUST AS WE ARE' and we can not do anything without HIM.... and God gives each of us His love in a profound way breath by breath....

Some of us cannot do better until it comes like the song.... "Love Lifted Me".... when nothing else would help love lifted me....

Wonder of wonders describes how God used an internet search about people who have severe disabilities and staying in Bible teachings .... and then I was blessed by a specific author, and brother in Christ who made mp3's and articles available freely and there was never any type of negativity toward anyone displayed, sound teaching and encouragement came forth so I ordered Renewing Your Mind www.theschoolofchrist.org  and it is the best I've listened to with some good 'how to' and is helping little by little or :-) perhaps, line upon line, precept upon precept.....

And, I thank you God for letting me share......

Hope that this very long post add on will somehow honor God and may be of some help to another ........
GOD KNOWS.

God bless.

Love and prayers,
Ginger

PS sometimes a brother posts something when it seems that I can't reach up and touch bottom and God lets me know I'm not the only one that can feel this way.... Thank you Kevin! And I can praise God regardless of what things may seem like.... because GOD KNOWS and gives and gives and gives His love, grace, and tender mercies.

• Kevin Blankenship likes this