CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

I am not hearing impaired nor know anyone who is. However, I do attend and volunteer my time at church helping others weekly and love it so much. I have notices that there is a huge lack of ASL options for the hearing impaired who want to attend church and be involved in the faith. This breaks my heart to see people being ignored this way. So I am trying to resolve it.

I have been wanting to get ASL training so I can volunteer my time and skills as an ASL interpreter at church, but have been unable to find cheap or free ASL training. I have reached out to many churches and ASL schools / organizations for help with no success. So I have started an on-line fund raising campaign with a very trusted website to help me raise the money I need to get me trained in ASL. Once I am trained in ASL I will be offering ASL interpreter services free at my church in any and all fashions I am allowed to. This is my gift to those in need and I am asking nothing in return. I just want to help where I can and I just need help getting trained. If you are interested in helping me, please e-mail me here and I’ll give you further information on how you can help me and help the hearing impaired. Thanks.