Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

are like apples of silver upon settings of gold.  So long.

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

What does that mean?

I read your post yesterday and loved it. I started to answer and then got sidetracked. I am encouraged by you and praise God that He has brought you so far. love you in Christ, betsy

• Kevin Blankenship likes this

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

Praise God for shining His Light on you. I too have gone through the experience of Him showing me my total depravity. I think it's the only way to learn how to yield to His power and learn a little humility.

#4 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Betsy...   Yes, Kevin has been an encourager and has shared much....... so enjoy Kevin and him sharing his heart and was glad that I was able to read the post too....... and encouraged by your posting about the post....

Looked up a verse.....

Pro 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Such was Kevin's post Word(s) of encouragement....

Sorry it has been deleted........

#5 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hi Ginger! Kevin said " so long", like he was leaving and it made me sad because if I had known he needed immediate affirmation I would have given it because I care about him. I know I haven't been active lately. I guess sometimes I don't feel like I have anything to say. I've received a lot of blessings from this site and the people here. Let's pray to our Lord and Savior for understanding and unity.

#6 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hi Betsy! I heard the "so long"...

a "so long" can be temporary and does not have to be forever... 

God's will ...

God's time ... 

God's glory.

• Kevin Blankenship and chipped china like this

#7 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

I'm sorry that I deleted my original post.  I really thought that not one soul had looked at it. It was sort of a "heart-bareing" post and I was hesitant to post it to begin with. But it is what I have been going through.

Ya know.....I have heard the old timers talk about "coming to the utter and complete END of one's-self and I often wondered why I had never FELT that or experienced that.

But I have found out how to do it!!!!  (oh yeah.....I'm brainy like that)......LOL!!!!.......anyway....here's how:   For several days .....try VERY hard to follow all of the commandments without missing a beat. Go on!....Try it!!   Trust me when I say that if you REALLY and sincerely tried to follow the Commandments perfectly.......at the end of a few days effort......you will start to get frustrated and feel utterly hopeless and feelings like: "I was probably not even one of the elected ones" and other desperate feelings of utter powerlessness.  This  causes a person to reach out even harder for God and His Help.  

I have tried to condense the post that I deleted into a smaller post.  I likely failed in that aspect but I tried so there!!!!! LOL   I'm just funnin with y'all.  Have a great day.

A verse from the famous children's song: JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW says it best:  We are weak but HE (God) is strong!!!!!!

Without God......we are utterly hopeless. Hopeless to live a life that is pleasing to God. Hopeless in that we have no hope of eternal life with Jesus.  I have a deep abiding sense of God's nearness during my waking moments. I wouldn't trade that for $850,000. Or for any mount of mammon.

PS:  Getting ready to put up a new mug of me in the photo-box.  I just gotta find someone to hold the camera while I pose in one of heroic stances........LOL!!!!!! What a knee-slapper!!!!! 

Love y'all!!!

• chipped china and Ginger like this

#8 Fireweed Trekker

Fireweed Trekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Let's it's either 613 or 631 laws of the Torah that an Orthodox Jew must observe, let alone how many man-made laws - 1500+, one from what I heard is: don't scratch a flea bite on Shabbat...!?!?!?

B?  & C?