• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

(2 Cor. 5:18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.

God has reconciled us to Himself, which means He is not holding our failures against us. We now have the opportunity to think like God thinks. That means that if you have thoughts coming to you that make you feel guilty, ashamed or unclean, they are not from God. If you have repented for your sins, then those feelings are from the enemy.

Next, we can extend that same spirit of reconciliation to others and lovingly pursuing good relationships. We can get our own hearts right with God and drop any personal agenda. We now go to Him to meet our needs, so we can love others right where they’re at.

What are some ways that you can recognize true reconciliation in your own life?

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalm 34:14

- From Be in Health™

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Sister Julie,

On thing I've noticed the Lord has given me is the gift of accepting people for who they are. I don't mean perfectly but I'm not offended like I use be when they let me down. I believe they are doing the best they can at the moment. And since I've been reconciled to Christ with all my frailties so how can I not for others in the body? I think reconciliation with Jesus also gives me the strenght to be more transparent to calmly discuss inner thoughts so the light of truth can dissipate misunderstandings. I am understood by my loving merciful Creator, He went through so much more by taking all of our sins upon Himself and He had no guilt!!!

I think the more I understand His Word and the plan He set up on earth the more I mourn the lost and the evil they do. That is the problem, they have not the Light for whatever reasons and deserve my prayers for I was once lost also and others prayer for me.

True reconciliation means I will never again take the Lords name in vain. I will keep his Name unto death if need be. With His help there will be no doubt that Jesus is my King and Savior. 

On a side note I hear that J Vernon McGee said about 20 years ago that at some point the Church was going to have to go underground and it will be the denominational churches that will put it there. That happened most recently in eastern Europe around WW 2 and it's slowly happening in this country. A different type of scripture is being taught like allegorizing the millennium, replacement theology, and by accepting abominable sin as being loving.  The book of Revelation is seldom taught in denominational churches because they just don't know what to do with it. The division of clergy and the laity is never how Jesus intended the Body to operate. He is the vine and we are the branches, if a branch doesn't produce true fruit it will be pruned and tossed aside. We can't forget that false teachers can often be the clergy. For me this is also part of reconciliation, knowing where I belong in the big picture. At this particular time Jesus is outside knocking and if any man (individually) lets Him in, He will come in and sup with him. I have been reconciled by His blood and sanctified by His power in me. Hopefully one day I will be glorified with all the other saints who by His grace and mercy choose us first. 

All of this is my opinion, I know there are good solid churches out there. Meeting one or two days a week is fine for some but I need more. Personally I take the bible very literally and believe every word is divinely given. I'm reconciled by a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior. Night before last I lost one of my little dogs to a collapsing trachea.  He lost consciousness in my arms. So many emotions flowed through me, I was worried about his suffering and I kept asking God to stop his breathing, let it be over. Living things are given such a will to live. Even though I've lost many pets and it's gotten easier to give them back to God I was so sorry to lose another member of my little family. That's when God popped the scripture I'll never leave you or forsake you, into my heart. I felt comfort and relief to know I will never have to say goodbye to Him. Isn't that an awesome reality? 

In God's agape love, betsy

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

Sister Betsy,

Thank you so much for sharing. I was sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I've lost four pets (three were dogs), so I understand how hard that can be.

The statement by J Vernon McGee really resonated with me. I think there's a lot of truth there. I know a prophet who refers to compromising churches/denominations as "the church system of man." These are churches which teach man's doctrine instead of the Bible. According to this prophet, they follow their pastor instead of Jesus.

May you continue to rest in Daddy God's agape love,

Julie
  • chipped china likes this