• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

"We can revel in the fact that we were dead, but now we are alive! We were lost, alone, doomed, separated from God, but now we are able to have a personal relationship with the God of eternity, the God With Us, the God Who Supplies!! Yes, there are many things to discuss and we sometimes stumble, but here is what we have.....God walked with us Incarnate in Jesus, He died for our sin, He was place in the grave dead, He went to Hell for us, and then He rose from the dead and now sits at the right hand of God the Father as our advocate in heaven. We are His. we belong to Him, He has never lost anyone who was His, He loves us with a love that cannot be measured, and He has promised that we will be with Him for all eternity."

Amen, Charlie! This is indeed cause for us to rejoice.

#22 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

James,

I understand having concerns over a preacher's (especially those who are well-known) and stating such.  I am very passionately opposed to Rick Warren and I say it flat out.  If others disagree, I wonder "don't you see it?"  I really do get disturbed.  Yet, I guess I can't judge another man's servant.  I have learned to keep my mouth closed as I seem to have offended many (in person) with my assessment of Rick Warren and the "seeker-sensitive movement." 

I'm not saying you're angry.

I see Joseph Prince as having a particular calling to Malaysians who, culturally, have perspectives that lend to a pastor ministering in such a way that demonstrates repeatedly law v. grace.  His own experiences also influence his preaching topics.  I guess I'm just saying this, not in defense, but trying to understand his particular church and culture there of.

Hope to hear more from you on this forum as you are very kind and thoughtful, yet call it as you see it as they say.

:) Candice

• Julie Daube likes this

#23 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

"I see Joseph Prince as having a particular calling to Malaysians who, culturally, have perspectives that lend to a pastor ministering in such a way that demonstrates repeatedly law v. grace.  His own experiences also influence his preaching topics.  I guess I'm just saying this, not in defense, but trying to understand his particular church and culture there of."

Very interesting, Candice! One of the things I heard Prince say is that for many years, he was teaching law and not grace (hard to imagine, right?). At some point, the Holy Spirit convicted him and told him he was not preaching grace. He then dedicated his ministry to preaching God's grace. 

I like what you said about not judging another man's servant. Sometimes there's a fine line between judging God's servants and exposing what we believe to be false doctrine. This is where wisdom is needed.