CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Is there any emotion worst then the one of feeling guilt?

Before I was reborn, I was evil. I rather not share what that means, but I am sure others can relate to what I mean. Every now and then, I feel this incredible load of guilt on me for certain past things I’ve done. The guilt gets so bad that it can stop my day in place and bring me down hardcore. Sinner saved still suffering? :huh:

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Thanks, Christopher, for being so transparent and honest about your struggles in this area. As someone who used to beat myself up over my past sins and failures, I believe that those feelings of guilt are from the accuser, Satan. God does not condemn or accuse those who are in Christ Jesus and who have been bought with His blood. I would encourage you to mediate on Scriptures that remind you of who are in Christ as God's beloved and to speak those verses aloud over yourself (just yesterday, I posted a devotional in the Deeper Life forum on this subject; you may want to check it out).

Here are some verses to get you started:

"I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus."

"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ."

"I am forgiven of all my sin and washed in the Blood."

"I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom."

"I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places."

"I am greatly loved by God."
  • CHRISTOPHER310 likes this

#3 michelle34

michelle34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Confess your sin and he is Faithful to forgive .Say that with conviction .We are still sinners but we are covered by the blood and God changes us but Never perfectly and never as fast as we wish very slowly .We wont ever be like Jesus until we die and go to be with him in heaven .      Covered by the blood ! With Love, Shelly