• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

God is good! After living in this apartment complex for eight years, we recently met a couple we can be good friends with. We've befriended many other people in our neighborhood over the years, and most of them have used us, hurt us or betrayed us in one way or another (we've even been robbed several times by people we were friends with). But with God's grace, we never gave up on people and always hoped to find a couple we could really connect with. Enter T and L!

We met them on July 4 while my husband was outside shooting off fireworks. They live in a complex across from ours. They also love fireworks and were eager to join in our fun. We stayed outside with them and their children till midnight - we had so much fun! Last weekend, we had dinner with them at their apartment and got to know them better. I am asking for prayer for their salvation.

They know we go to church, and L has asked several questions about our church and what we believe. She seemed interested in the fact that we are evangelicals. I think she's a seeker. Her husband shared a little about his religious background/upbringing (he's not from a Christian background).

Other than our spiritual beliefs, my husband and I have a great deal in common with our friends. We like the same kind of food, music, TV shows and movies. Interestingly, they are much younger than us.

My husband and I didn't share a whole lot about our faith yet; right now, we are seeking to build bridges of trust in hopes of earning the right to be heard.

Pray that T and L will see the light of Jesus in us and ask about the reason for the hope that is within us. And pray for wisdom, boldness, and God's timing for us in sharing the gospel.

Thanks so much!
  • RuthAnn Nicholls and chipped china like this

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Wow! Julie! What a wonderful thing to have new friends with much in common. It's even better that you have the opportunity to share your faith with them. May God guide you both, all 4 of you! I will pray for the words you say and that God will call them both to salvation.

• Julie Daube likes this

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!