CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

The following popped in my head today so I wrote it down. This is what was in my head ( go figure ).

“ Praying For Grace ”

Oh Lord...
Oh my dear sweet Lord...

Shine your grace...
Shine your grace...
Oh... Dear Lord...
Shine your grace upon me.
For I’m in this dark place.
I’ve stumbled, fallen, troubled in.

Oh...Dear Lord....
Shine your grace upon me...
( ...shine upon me.... )

I see, but I’m not free.
I believe, but I’m not free.
I am... Me, but I’m not free.
Oh Dear Lord...
Let me be...
( ...free... )
Set me free...
Have mercy on thee.

I see,
I believe,
I am... me,
Oh Dear Lord...
Let me be...
( ...free... )
Set me free...

Shine your grace,
Your grace... upon me...

I walk in the path,
But I go in  circles,
I feel the wrath of the world’s riddle.
Got me turning around and around,
Falling down and down.
Turning right just to go left.
Living my life on a misplace bet.

Oh...
Oh my Dear Lord...
Shine your grace upon.
Shine... Shine...
Oh my dear sweet Lord...

Written by: Christopher **** ~ July 15th, 2014

• Speilb, chipped china, radar and 1 other like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for sharing that, Christopher! Grace is a wonderful thing to pray for. May you receive all the grace and mercy you need for each and every day!
  • radar and Ginger like this

#3 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

A beautiful prayer and it is good for all of us to understand our need for grace. Belief is needed for us all, and I feel in my soul that you have that. Another element we all need is trust, and both of those are needed by christians, wherever they are. If we take both belief and trust, then apply them...we get faith. Now we are getting somewhere! We are justified by our faith, and with that comes peace in our soul. As we struggle and toil down here in this fallen world, we have grace piled upon grace that we can see daily.

#4 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

CHRISTOPHER 310   After reading your poem(or prayer) again and meditating on it some, I went back and re-read the Book Of Romans.  This letter to those saints in Rome is a marvelous description of how God`s grace is revealed.  I do understand your pain and hurt that has plagued you for a while and I do think you are on the right track to solve all that, but I would like to make a comment here.  I present this in all Christian love with the hope it will aid you in getting over these tough times.

God`s grace is boundless, endless, infinite, and available to anyone....even those who don`t know they must have it to even take another breath.  A short story here....A young boy wanted a new bicycle really, really bad, so he pleaded with his father to get one for him.  He asked for one every day, begged his dad, pleaded and even made a list of why he wanted and needed this bicycle.  Well, moved by his son`s wishes, the father bought him a brand new, super nice bicycle with all the accessories one could put on a bicycle...then left it on the porch so his son could see it when he returned from school.  Well, the boy came home, walked into the house, and immediately started begging again for a new bicycle.  His dad asked if he had seen the one on the porch, but he had not.....he was too anxious to get inside and see his dad so he could ask for a bicycle.

I leave you this story to say this......we don`t actually need to ask for more grace from God.  We just need to thank Him for the infinite amount that we already have.  What is needed for most of us is to thank Him for it and then go out and build our belief and trust(faith) because we know we have such grace.   "Where sin abounds, grace abounds more fully"

Here`s the tough part, and again I say this in Christian love.  You have been hurt....love and go on.  People were mean and unkind toward you....love and go on.  People steal from you and slander you....love and go on.  I know that in years past I was not a friend of God, I hurt Him, I disappointed Him, I totally left Him out of my life.  Now He says to me.....I love you, go on and live your life the way I instruct.  He could have said, "you idiot, you sinner, I don`t like you and I`ll hold a grudge against you forever.  You hurt me and I won`t forgive you.....ever!"  Ahhhhh, but for His grace I would be damned, dead, an outcast...but He loves me and tells me to love others the way He loves me....even those who have not been nice to me in the past.  He even says He doesn`t remember all of the nasty stuff from before our relationship began.   So my thoughts about your prayer are these....love and go on.

Your brother in Christ,

Charlie

#5 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

I thank God for your answer Charles. I have realized that I am just  as my friend Christopher and what you spoke of is exactly what I need to take to heart and go and do likewise.

In His service,

chris(radar)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."