• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:The Lord God Almighty. People. Also gardening, reading and beating Level 15 of Day D Time Mayhem.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Second Presbyterian

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I suppose this belongs elsewhere, but just sayin' Israel needs our prayers.

• radar and Ginger like this

#2 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

copied from http://christianity....erforisrael.htm

Why do Christians Pray for Israel?
Israel as a nation and a people are God's chosen people. In Deuteronomy 32:10 and Zechariah 2:8, the Lord God calls Israel "the apple of his eye." And to Abraham, God said in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (NIV) Psalm 122:6 also encourages us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Pray a Christian Prayer for Israel

Dear Heavenly Father,
We pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We are sad to see the violence and suffering as men, women and children are injured and killed on both sides of the conflict. We don't understand why it has to be this way, nor do we truly know if war is right or wrong. But we pray for justice, your sovereign righteousness, Lord. And at the same time we pray for mercy. For everyone involved we pray, for governments and peoples, militants and terrorists, we ask for your kingdom to come and rule over the land. Protect the soldiers and civilians from bloodshed. May your truth and light shine in the darkness. Where there is only hatred, may your love prevail. Help me as a Christian to support those who you support, Lord, and to bless those who you bless, my God. Bring your salvation to Israel, dear God. Bring your salvation to the whole earth.

Amen.

http://christianity....erforisrael.htm

Edited by Ginger, 10 July 2014 - 04:35 PM.

• Kate Curry, chipped china and radar like this

#3 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:The Lord God Almighty. People. Also gardening, reading and beating Level 15 of Day D Time Mayhem.
  • I am a Layperson

• Second Presbyterian

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

I thank you, Ginger and my family in Israel thank you.  

However, the general lack of responsiveness disturbs me.

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the reminder to pray for Israel! I intercede for Israel every day, and I know many other believers who do. Just yesterday, my Area of Ministry at the Alliance National Office prayed for Israel during our weekly prayer time.
  • Kate Curry likes this

#5 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

I pray that our government turns back to supporting Israel. I pray that the UN will support them. It's beyond me to understand why when the Palestinians are bombing Israel from the Gaza strip are being condemned for fighting back. It's truly the princes and principalities that keep harassing and tormenting God's people. The Lord has a plan and they will prevail, so we need to pray for Jesus to return and set up His Kingdom.

• Kate Curry and Charles Miles like this

#6 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Second Presbyterian

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

I agree with you Chipped.   It seems like all we can do is pray, but I also pray that if there's an action I should take, it will be clear to me.   I think the UN is pretty much a lost cause and I can't say I pray for change in its intrinsic character.   I guess I could start praying for the UN. . .but my prayer will be that it will collapse.

When the situation in Israel heats up like it is now, my thoughts and meditations turn to the end times.   The establishment of the caliphate in the mid-east is alarming --- maybe I'm pathologic, but it's scary and exciting at the same time because it makes me feel the Lord's return must be near.

• chipped china likes this

#7 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

We need, also, to pray that the present administration would prostrate themselves before Almighty God and beg forgiveness for minimizing the importance of Israel.  This is the first I have heard of Israel being attacked. I am going to check out the news.

• Kate Curry likes this

#8 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Kate, I totally agree that the UN is a lost cause. It has always allowed state sponsors of terrorism on the security council, is riddled with corruption, and is dedicated to undermining America's sovereignty. I am glad you're praying that it will collapse - that is my prayer as well. May it be abolished!   

• Kate Curry likes this

#9 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Second Presbyterian

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

That's two of us agreeing in prayer, Julie!    

• Julie Daube likes this

#10 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Make that 3!

#11 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I found this article on the caliphate that was very enlightening to the radical Muslims mindset.

http://www.vox.com/2...arrassed-to-ask

#12 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Second Presbyterian

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Great article, Chipped.   I can only skim it right now -- working 12's through the weekend.   I'll share it on FB and Tweet it, if I can.   Thanks.

PS  --- and figure out how to make it part of my deeper life since we've rather strayed from topic.   :)