• 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Back some time ago we were discussing the size and shape of the camp when all 12 tribes settled in for a while in the wilderness.  The flags, symbols, and positioning around tribe of Levi.  I think it might have been Julie who asked about where I found the information about all that...but I couldn`t remember at the time.  Well, now I came upon it again during a study for a SS lesson tomorrow.  Dr Chuck Missler has a commentary series on Genesis and he discusses the camp, flags, positioning, and how that conforms with the faces of the seraphim as described by Ezekiel.  The actual encampment is discussed in Numbers, but he discusses all this in his discussion of Genesis Chapter 49.  Interesting reading but I`m not sure of the implications....if there are any at all. 

So, Julie or China, or whoever asked where I read it...there it is.

In Christ,

Charlie

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Charlie and I've listened to all his commentaries on the old testament. He has been of great help to me in learning the story and all the implications. Like you I don't know what to do with some of them but it's interesting to think about. I do believe the bible is a supernatural book and there are many layers to explore and it's all put there for our learning.