CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

I just cam across something I wrote last year about a guy I know and his life. I write alot of things. It’s something I do to express myself and relax. Anyways, I just came across this and read it and realized that I am becoming more and more this man myself. Someone who I thought I would never be, yet so fitting into. I know why I am angry. Anger is an end result of hurt unhealed. Mine is just added to more hurt on top of unhealed hurt and boom, I am this man more and more. The good thing is that I am not a violent person. Not ever, even when I get angry. That desire to be violent has never been there. Anyways, I thought what the heck, let me share this.

The Angry Man

The angry man will stand on the ruins of his life.
The angry man will loose... Every battle he fights.
Cause anger is a weight that traps you in,
There’s no escape once you have sin.

The angry man hates with his heart.
The angry man lives... In the dark.

Cause there is no light,
When you do what isn’t right.

The angry man goes tic, tic, tock,
The angry man is a time clock.
Building up steam and getting ready to blow.
Once he screams, the whole world will know.

Cause you can lead him to the water, but you can’t make him take a drink.
The angry man will suffer in fears he will sink.

And you can show him the way home and love him as family,
But the angry man rather be alone, lustful in his misery.

Cause a blind man won’t see,
And a cripple man won’t walk,
If he doesn’t believe that your words are more than just talk.

You can do all if this and more of that,
But the angry man will continue to shake his fist and wave his bat.

The angry man has lost all control.
The angry man has a dying soul.
Cause in all of his pain,
He doesn’t understand anything but the rain.

And...

The angry man will stand on the ruins of his life.
The angry man will loose... Every battle he fights.
Cause anger is a weight that traps you in,
There’s no escape once you have sin.

Written by: Christopher **** ~ April 20th, 2013

• Kate Curry and radar like this

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'm praying for you right now that the Lord will heal your broken heart. Jesus put your arms around Christopher and show him Your Love, Your peace, Your healing. Let Christopher stand in You and not this world. I know Lord there is a season for everything but please in Your mercy set Christopher free from this bondage so he can be the man he needs to be to his daughter and mother. So the rest of his family might see You in him and be drawn to You. Show him Lord, you are enough.  Great God Almighty in whom we tremble in awe are the reason we live. In Jesus Holy name I pray.

• radar, Ginger and CHRISTOPHER310 like this

#3 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

HI Christopher!

That was a great poem. I know that I get angry with God sometimes. For many years, I would not share this as I knew that God is right and I am wrong, so I was deceived when people asked me what was bothering me. I was angry at everything, including God most of all. I did not understand what and why it was so, but don't tell the other Christians the truth, as they will look at you as less than. A lie of Satan.  So I came to the point where I admitted to God that I was angry with him because my life was turned upside down. I confessed and sought help and forgiveness.  Then I would tell my fellow brethren that I was mad at God. Some legalistic Christians would emphatically state, just as I did for years, that you can't be mad at God. I would just smile, pray a quick silent prayer for them, and explain why would I lie to God, He knows I am angry with Him, so I just confess the truth and seek His healing touch. I then had an elder Christian who explained that I was being sifted by God. He explained he went through a 3 year intense shifting, but afterwards things were revealed and dealt with by God in his life that helped him be more like Jesus. I believe from everything I have observed concerning you that you also are being shifted. It is a good thing, but really hard because God has to take us beyond ourselves to a point where we are completely helpless and then we learn obedience so that we show that we love Jesus by keeping his commandments. How do we keep His commandments when it is beyond our ability? We don't, because we can' apart from Christ. It is staying in Him that we have life, power, and He in us keeps the commandments. We only have to allow Jesus control of our life. I don't know about you, but I don't like giving up control of my life. It was like the time I was a passenger on a motorcycle that was going well in excess of a hundred miles an hour. I could not control the speed and seen the constant danger I was in. I had no choice but trust the driver, feeling more helpless than I had ever felt in my life. It is a frightening thing to let go and let God be God. But this season will pass and I pray that you would become victorious and afterwards be able to strengthen other brethren who are going through like trials after it is over. ( see Luke 22, starting at verse 31).

I found this from David Wilkerson, to be of help for me. I would like to share it with you, if I may, with hopes that it will help you also.

WHEN SIFTING COMES

“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon; behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat” (Luke 22:31).

You must understand that Satan seeks to sift only those who threaten his work. He goes after the tree with the most potential to bear fruit. But why did the devil desire to sift Peter? Why was he so anxious to test him? Well, for three years Peter had been casting out devils and healing the sick. Satan had heard Jesus promise the disciples another baptism, one of Holy Ghost power and fire—and he trembled! Now, the devil heard God’s ultimate plan for Peter. He realized that the past three years would be nothing compared to the greater works Peter and the other disciples would perform. Having already pulled down Judas, he would have to look for a measure of corruption in Peter to build on, to make Peter’s faith fail.

Perhaps, like Peter, you are in the sieve right now, being shaken and sifted. But, you ask, why me? And why now? First of all, you ought to rejoice that you have such a reputation in hell! Satan never would have asked God’s permission to sift you unless you had crossed the line of obedience. Why else would he spend his efforts harassing and troubling you, scaring you and shaking all that you have? He is sifting you because you play an important part in God’s church in these last days. God is doing a new thing once again in this last generation, and you have been set apart by him to be a powerful witness to many. He has set you free, and is preparing you for his eternal purposes. And the greater your gifts, the greater your potential, the greater your surrender to the will of God—the more severe your sifting will be.

When someone is going through the fire of sifting, what should those around him do? What did Jesus do about Peter’s imminent fall? He said to him, “I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not” (Luke 22:32).

I look at this wonderful example of Christ’s love and realize I know almost nothing about how to love those who fall. Surely Jesus is that “friend who sticks closer than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24). He saw both the good and the bad in Peter and concluded, “This man is worth saving. Satan desires him, but I desire him all the more.” Peter truly loved the Lord, and Jesus told him, “I have prayed for you.” Jesus had seen this coming for a long time. He had probably spent many hours before his Father talking about Peter—how he loved him, how needed Peter was in God’s kingdom, how he valued him as a friend.

Lord, give all of us that kind of love! When we see brothers and sisters compromising or heading for trouble or disaster, let us love them enough to warn them as firmly as Jesus warned Peter. Then we’ll be able to say, “I am praying for you.”

Today we have yet another “It is written” with which we can do battle against Satan. It is this: “I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail.” You can tell the devil, “You may have gotten permission to sift me, to try to tear down my faith. But you need to know this: My Jesus is praying for me!”

Hope this brings comfort and help. Been there and go that T shirt, and more than likely will be going there again really soon. Enjoy the refreshing times on the Mount of Transfiguration as we also have times in the dark vale of the Valley of Decision. May we all be able to say along with David that I will fear no evil for thou, O Lord, art with me!

Shalom,

chris

• ADVRider, Charles Miles, chipped china and 2 others like this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

#4 Jen Rohde

Jen Rohde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

It's beautiful. You found a very lovely way to wrap words around a very sad circumstance.

And you can show him the way home and love him as family,
But the angry man rather be alone, lustful in his misery.
  My favorite part.

Thank you for sharing this.

• radar and CHRISTOPHER310 like this

#5 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

@Jen, Thank you and glad you like it. I write because it's a safe release for stress and pain I feel.I only write when I am inspired and what I am inspired. I write anything and everything depending the moment I am in. I have tons of writings.

• radar likes this

#6 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Dear Christopher,

Since my reply to you in this forum, God has been dealing with me on HOW I responded, not my reply to you because the information is correct, but the spirit in which it was given was wrong. What I should have done was send you a PM stating  what I did but I accused you of rudeness publicly instead of privately. I wanted to PM you this, but was reminded that what is done publicly should be repented of publicly.

I ask for your forgiveness in this matter. I am pretty sure that Satan is trying to use this in some way to cause a rift in this fellowship which I know he hates. Satan only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Thank God he is on God's lease and God allows Satan certain leeway in us to show forth His glory in the ensuring deliverance from the snare. (book of Job).

It is just I have been where you have been, and I oh so much want to see you overcome this bondage and experience the abundant life that is in Jesus Christ. I know unquestionably that you love the Lord with everything you have, and just as Job was tested to prove his faith in God, so we all must go through sifting because God loves us too much to leave us the way we are. He give us things in our life to overcome, in order to win the crowns to lay at his feet in heaven. This sifting will be a life long process because as soon as we overcome the one thing, the Lord then goes on to the next thing He feels we need and we go thru the process again. We gain confidence in looking back and seeing God win the battles for us that we try to win on our own strength and fail. This brings confidence in that we know that we have been here before and God has been faithful every time to provide the victory. That is why we have to be pushed out of our comfort zones. When we learn to overcome a thing in Jesus, we know in our hearts that it is not by might nor power, but by God's Spirit that we overcame. We have to be brought into things that are way out of our control. We become deceived and essentially tell God through our own actions that "I got this". So God honors our choice and  we plow on without God's power until we crash and burn in utter defeat. The we are ready to look to God for help because we have no other source left. We have been brought to the end of ourselves and now the Lord of Glory will prevail over whatever situation we find ourselves in once we submit to His mighty hand.

I want you to feel that this is a safe place to vent out your frustrations and keep on showing the awesome transparency you have so far. I know that this is very hard for you, trust as it may, has been broken so much in your life by everyone around you and has caused this grief and pain to you so you cry out. I do not want to find myself numbered among those who have caused you pain. I have found nothing but love and support on this forum, and I want you to be treated by me as the others here have treated me when I have cried out in pain and suffering. I feel this is a safe place to receive love and help when I have been isolated physically from other like minded members of the Body in my local situation. So, we assemble ourselves here to be that Body we cannot find anywhere else. God is faithful and with patient perseverance, He will lead you to a right fellowship locally as some others can testify  who have already gone or are going thru a season of testing and refinement. I am not without sin and I have done far worse than you, and I need to remember that.

I don't know about you, but after this confession  I feel a great relief and since I laid my gift at the altar and went to my brother whom I remember has ought against me and made the thing right, I can now have my joy in the Lord and find my worship acceptable in His sight. Love you Bro as I can relate to the horrible pain and suffering that you are enduring. But remember, Joy comes in the morning!

About that name thing. I went back to see what our names mean. In the bible, people where named in accordance to who they are. Jacob's named meant "trickster" but he became Israel after he wrestled with the strange man all night and was blessed. "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel, for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." Genesis 32, 28 (Hebrew version: Genesis 32, 29)". Our names means "Christ-bearer, or or he that holds Christ in his heart. I found that very interesting. Selah!

Remember, there is a promise and a prophecy to Peter when Jesus told him that Satan desired to sift him as wheat, but Jesus did not take Peter out of the temptation, which he could have, but rather, he told Peter that he prayed that His faith would not fail, and the sure promise and prophecy was that Jesus also told him that when he was converted, which occurred after the three betrayals with Peter weeping bitterly in Godly sorrow, which we know leads to repentance. Upon this repentance, Peter was converted as it says in the King James. Then Peter was told that when that occurred, He was then in a position in that he was commanded to go strengthen his brethren. We know the rest of the story how Peter went on to become a man that God could use mightily.  Peter had to learn obedience through the things that he suffered. This has been a very difficult scripture for me for many years. (Luke 22:31-32). Jesus was telling Peter, who told the Lord that he would suffer even to the death for his Name, that Peter was going to fail miserably in that the spirit was willing but the flesh is weak. After Peter had seen this error, He realized his secret sin hidden in his heart. I find it very poignant that at the resurrection, The Lord instructed Mary to tell His disciples the good news and mentioned Peter by name specifically. I think Jesus wanted to let Peter know his sins were forgiven and the Lord greatly desired to see him and to know that.

I will continue to pray Luke 22:31-32 for you and please do the same for me brother.

In His service,

chris(radar) 

• Ginger likes this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Dear Christopher, brothers and sisters who have posted ... Just thinking and praying, Thinking slowly and pray slowly.  My mind and my body have had their go rounds with life and I've kept failing to overcome a lot of things. Currently I am reading the posts you've written, and the Lord is using them to let me see some things and let me know each of us has a story.  I do not know much at all, especially about being victorious experientially; only by faith in Jesus, He the Victor over all.  The Lord makes posters become individually special and He gives .... O gee, how to express what He gives is not possible beyond this right now moment for this right now post.  The Lord hears our cries and gives us Christian siblings.  Each has a story and a cross to bear.  Your individual shares are like the Lord showing in a personal and sometimes private wants or need.... O how He is seeing each of us and how much he cares for He is the lover of our soul and our burdens are not ignored by Him.  We can be united in prayers; we can care for one another and our Lord does show us individually how each person is uniquely His while we watch, wait, and pray with a heart that cares.  Opinions fall to the side of the roads of lives as we come together caring and sharing our thoughts and our prayers.  Sometimes all we can do is stop, look, and listen as we read each share.  Thank you God for each person who has reached out to share and/or to comfort one another and to learn of you as we learn to bear another's burden and do our best to hold them up in prayer.  Thank you Lord Jesus for letting us be part of your body.... Lord, thank you for giving us a chance to have an opportunity to wash one another's feet through what seems a mere prayer.  Jesus thank you for being our great high priest who prayed and prays and makes all things be used for 'your' purpose, and that 'all' things will be used for our good and make us become your priest and able to minister by your Spirit in us.  Help us to grow more this day in you Lord Jesus and help us to pray.  Please and thank you in your name we do pray, Thank you Lord, you are with us... Col. 1:27....

• radar likes this