CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

If this happened to your child, could you forgive like this? ( There is no right or wrong answer. )
[ http://www.nbcnews.c...-revenge-n83236 ]

* I like to think I could, but honestly, I have my doubts I would be able to. / I have a 7 yr old daughter who owns my heart. *

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

That was powerful. I don't know for sure either. Apart from that, one thing I noticed was the total fear the murderer expressed. It made me sad that he probably didn't know Jesus. It also made me wonder if the mother did.

#3 Speilb

Speilb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:One of my great driving passions is that I might know Christ! I love His Holiness and desire to try it on in my life. I love His Greatness and Power and therefore I also am learning to love my weakness, smallness, and need. I love His Glory and desire that he should gift me with the experience he gave to Isaiah in the 6th chapter. I believe that God Himself is the centerpiece of a True Biblical Faith and not man. I despise the things of man and I despise my own flesh. I see that Jesus made no attempt to save the sinner's flesh, but instead gave us the opportunity to crucify it. I see worldly people as Nehemiah saw Jerusalem with its walls (created for the Honor and Glory of God but in desperate need of being re-made) and so I love God's work of restoring. I am broken over the condition of the world and desire that God uses me as Nehemiah (whose name means "The Lord Comforts") to comfort me by using me to rebuild and reestablish those in ruins.
    I love seeing God in things like genetics, nature, and in the created order of things. I love my family and have a wonderful wife and two kids.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Burning Heart Christian Fellowship

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Or how bout like this? 

http://www.cmallianc.../?autoplay=true

Josef Tson says that fruitful ministry is about going out as Jesus did with "Truth, Love, and Self-Sacrifice".  Throughout the history of the Church the Gospel has gone forth with those three elements.  

I love Colossians 1 and it ends with "to this end (that is to present everyone perfect in Christ) I labor, struggling with all His energy which, which so powerfully works in me".  This tells me it is labor and it is a struggle but it is not with my energy or power but with His!  I would need the Holy Spirit to live through me to forgive in a number of situations.  I think often of the Lancaster County shooting and the believers who put the Spirit's power on display and I am amazed.  I think many worldly people remember that as well and wonder...

• DonnaA likes this