CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone really answer this question about themselves? If you can, how to you find truth and comfort in your answer?

I feel like I have no purpose at all anymore. I know and believe God has a purpose for me. That I know, but to what it is or how to connect with it, is a lost language to me.

I have turmoil from every direction and relationship in my personal life. Not one direction or relationship is without overwhelming turmoil. I have a church ( my home church ) I no longer connect with or find a purpose in. None of the churches in my area seem to be different. No family, no friends, no church, no connections, no purpose. I feel alone and lost and drifting pointlessly day by day.

What is my purpose?

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

I believe the Christians purpose is to accept the blood of Christ for redemption of our sins, to realize we have been crucified with Christ and been raised with Him thus being made a new person. When Christ died, bore our sins, and was raised to life for His and the Fathers glory it was done, finished! We are a new person bought and paid of for by the perfect plan of the Father to reconcile us to Him. Jesus fulfilled what the Father desired and needed for His Holiness.  Now we are presentable to God. Our job is to remain in Christ at all times, realize you can do nothing apart from Him so we grow more in His imagine until the natural soul is gradually reduced to nothing. Our purpose is produce His works, not ours, the works we produce will be burnt up  when we die or when HIs new kingdom is set up. It is our job to stay connected to the Vine and to answer the Lord's call when He gives us the work He wants done. God wants us to realize as believers He's already given us everything we need so we can sing Him praises and glorify Him. He wants us to put him first above all other things, loving Him the most and loving others as ourselves. He knows like we do that until eternity we will always have the corrupt nature that's why He isn't making us better people, He made us a new person. As we grow to rely on and know Him better we love Him and His laws more thus no longer wanting the "old person" because the new one is so joyful and fulfilled. Jesus  doesn't want us deciding how we will serve him but He will use the natural and unique abilities we were born with to put us where  He wants us. We just need to be patience and wait in excited anticipation of what will be next. Most of us won't be doing something grandiose but more likely affecting people in our geographic location. Our lives may be as simple as series of little touches with people we meet throughout the day.and pleases God if only two spirits touch for a moment. For me if I'm in Christ and He in me, and someone sees Christ in me then His will is being done.

Some people do great with crowds and lots of activities and others do better in small intimate settings. Like Charlie was saying, it might be a mixture of the two, he loves worshipping God in a congregation but even also getting to know people in small more intimate settings where you can build relationships.

That's as well as I can answer your question, Glory Be to God!!!!

• Julie Daube likes this

#3 ADVRider

ADVRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors; exploring; friends.
  • I am a Layperson

• Boulder Street

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Can anyone really answer this question about themselves? If you can, how to you find truth and comfort in your answer?

I feel like I have no purpose at all anymore. I know and believe God has a purpose for me. That I know, but to what it is or how to connect with it, is a lost language to me.

I have turmoil from every direction and relationship in my personal life. Not one direction or relationship is without overwhelming turmoil. I have a church ( my home church ) I no longer connect with or find a purpose in. None of the churches in my area seem to be different. No family, no friends, no church, no connections, no purpose. I feel alone and lost and drifting pointlessly day by day.

What is my purpose?

I have a friend who, just last night, expressed some very similar thoughts. She is originally from another culture, one where life is difficult and you must be busy all the time and take care of your responsibilities. She has basically lived a life of constant doing, much of it to fill a void. Now that some things are winding down for her, she is basically lost (not spiritually) in her old world that is slipping away. She literally does not know how to enjoy herself; it is a completely foreign concept because she's never been allowed to relax because of circumstances and/or her own thinking. Because the void is now being revealed, the enemy is using it to say very bad things to her, to the point of self harm. She now knows they are lies, but she still faces an uphill battle with her deeply rooted mindset.

I bring it up because of the similarity to what I heard her say, late into the evening. Because of the life changes you have gone through recently, it might be that you are also struggling with the fact things are different for you now. Let me just say that as far as your purpose in God, most often, that purpose is going to be different than what we are expecting or think. We usually think that God's purpose is going to be as immediate, recognizable and tangible as starting a new job on Monday, and we will get to work right away. And we might even want that, because we feel we'll be able to connect to something that will bring a sense of purpose NOW. But even our purpose in God requires faith. Let me just also add that everything to do with our relationship with God requires faith. God wouldn't have it any other way. We are on a ride with Him, and the stops along the way are not as important as being with Him for the ride. That is how we get to know Him. Often though, we try to take our own transportation and tell Him we'll meet Him over there, at such and such place. This is a common conception of Christianity today--that the destination is the only thing that matters. In reality, God is far more interested in building Himself in us; that is His purpose for us and His priority. It's difficult for us because it is contrary to what we think we need or want. Oops, there's that faith and trust thing again. Arrgh! I know you are reaching out for something that brings some meaning and purpose for you now, but I suggest you don't try too hard to grasp at something just to help you define yourself by. And more than anything, do not attempt to bury yourself in spiritual activity at the expense of having a balanced life with friends, hobbies, etc. If you take this road, your true purpose and destiny in the Kingdom might be delayed or obscured. I realize you, like my friend, may not know what to do at this moment. I am just saying do not fill your life with busyness just to fill the void you may feel and be struggling with. Only God can remove the old and replace it with something new, so ask Him to do it in His way and time. He knows what you truly need and when. Don't over spiritualize it though either; if you feel you need a good friend for instance, tell Him. Tell Him you are really struggling if that is the case, because He will answer. They key is dropping our own idea of what the answer could look like. It might be difficult, but if you can trust Him, He will do it. You will also grow in a way you never could have if you keep your hands on the reins. It is hard to let go, but it is what we all must do. A key component of faith is walking, obeying and trusting when we do not know or perceive what God is doing. We want to know, but that is not faith. God reveals the precious truth to our heart, once we have learned to trust and we yield the control. And it does not make sense to our natural mind, so ask God to help you with that, and give you the grace to let Him do what you need. Hang in there bro!

• Julie Daube, elizabethcog and NewDayDawnEvangelMinistry like this

#4 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

love the Lord, with all my heart and soul and might

• ADVRider likes this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~