CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Right now, my life is heavily involved in many problematic issues I am struggling to resolve and in some cases, just maintain a daily survival with. Basically, my life right now is like so many, many other people’s life. Nothing major or dramatic, just a true challenge.

However, one of these issues is the care for an aging mom who has worsening physical and mental health issues. Mom does not fit the needed conditions for senior assistant living options or hospice care. Mom is inside her respected boundaries just enough to be at home with me assisting her in her needs and matters. This may change over time or this may conclude like this for her. When mom’s time does conclude and she leaves this world, I will need to continue to live on afterwards.

The question of what I do in that after life for me comes into play. I honestly believe, without misinterpretation or religious fanaticism, that I have a calling to go further into my Christian faith to serve. Why I believe this is hard to explain to anyone who has not truly been giving such a calling. I know what I know and I know it to be true. In the life I will live after mom has passed, I want to answer this calling.

My love and motivation to the faith is very strong and is the core of who I am as a person. I want to answer the call I am getting, but with out caller I.D, I struggle to find the opportunities to do so. My current church is great in many aspects and a blessing that truly has changed my life. However, I have out grown them and their limitations. I have looked into other churches, but found no opportunities to serve my faith further as I believe I am being called to and want to in life after mom. This is a problem for me. Not knowing where I will go or how to get there in a call I am so willing to answer is a big problem for me.

I do not want to ignore the call I am being given or make any more mistakes than I can avoid in answering it. I want as much as a clue and plan ahead of time as possible. I have talked to many people. Pastors, friends, missionaries, and more. None seem to know how to help me find the path my calling is on. So am at a frustrating stand still.

In all my struggle and problem of everyday life, I know when mom does pass ( it can be a wee bit before that happens ) I will have an open door to further serve my faith in a calling I know I have been given. Yet, I am of no clue to how to answer the call or find the opportunity to. I am stuck at this time and it is very frustrating to me.

Any insights or suggestions are very much welcomed. Thanks.

• Charles Miles likes this

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

I have seen several people who find themselves in this position. If you feel this is really a true "call", then what you want and what Holy Spirit desires for you may be totally different. Since the time is not yet completed for your present task, maybe the best suggestion is to just be still and wait. I think one of the most difficult things to do in our walk is to "wait on the Lord". If there is a place you are supposed to be, a position, a situation, when Holy Spirit speaks to you, then being unincumbered by a lot of stuff done to get ready for Him is a good thing.
Sounds like you have it all together and desire what the Lord wants for you. May God bless you in this coming season.

Charlie
  • chipped china likes this

#3 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

praying you get the answers you need and/or reassurances that you are moving in the right direction ... it's definitely difficult to "be still" and wait on the Lord .....

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#4 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Christopher,

I too pray that you rest in Him and keep your eyes and heart open to what the Lord shows you. I'm sorry you will lose your mom, it's good she has a son to care for her. And I'm excited for you to start a new chapter in your life serving our Savior.