• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

Attached File  deaf school 1.jpg   52.88KB   0 downloadsHer life, in many ways, has been changed forever.  She lived isolated and angry in a world of silence.  She was made fun of by the children and adults worried that evil spirits were keeping her from hearing.  How we came to meet her is such a story of divine providence, of unrelated events that were being orchestrated by our Heavenly Father, to rescue Assietou out of her lonely world.

Her first months at the deaf school were difficult, but then finally came a day when I saw her smile.  And today, when I went to collect her for spring break, a whole group of friends followed her out to the car, with much laughing and noise and signing.  She was quite the important person getting into the big vehicle. 

But as I watch Assietou, I know that there are hurts and anger that go very deep.  Being able to sign and communicate with other deaf children has made a difference, but there is still something missing.  I wish I could tell her about Jesus, that Friend who is like no other.  The only One who can take away the hurts and sadness that weighs so heavy on her heart. 

We have a huge community of hearing impaired in Burkina Faso.  We hear of some in our village churches that sit Sunday after Sunday, never understanding a thing.  One of our prayers is that God would send us missionaries, for a short time or longer, to work with the deaf.  The Apostle Paul says, “How can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him?  And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them?”  Would you pray with us that the Lord would send us people to work full-time to bring the Good News of Christ to those who cannot hear?  It was said of our Lord, “He even makes the deaf to hear.”

• Kenny and DonnaA like this

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

prayed

#3 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

We have sent teams from our church to Jamaica to work with the Caribbean Christian Centre for the Deaf, which has several schools across the island and a deaf village for the adults who have graduated ... perhaps they could give you some insights on how to get the connections you need for workers in your area?

or one of these other groups?

http://www.workersfo...ligious-sen.htm

• Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~