• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

We believe in the power of the Word of God.  Our first objective when our women students arrive is to teach them to read so that they will be able to read the Bible for themselves.  We have seen the huge difference it makes for spiritual growth if a woman can read a Bible.  Today, our first year students came to thank me for the Bibles they received.  Before getting these Bibles they had to demonstrate a certain proficiency in reading.  The Alliance in Burkina Faso has been involved in Bible translation, literacy projects, and the production of Bible study guides in the local languages.  Thank you for giving to the Great Commission Fund so that we can minister the word of God.

Attached File  Bible school women.jpg   202.71KB   0 downloads

• elizabethcog, Kenny and Ginger like this

#2 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Wonderful news! prayers for continued spiritual growth and maturity as He finishes the work He started in them. :)

• Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Praise God for His word. Praise Him for translators who translate the Bible in a language which people can read. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give illumination of His word to those who are given the precious gift of their own Bible.

• Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this