Pray for Alliance missionary Jane Landaw

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Harry Landaw writes, ”A CT scan has determined that there is a blockage in Jane’s small intestine; surgery will take place today, May 15. The cause of the blockage could be normal scar tissue or another tumor in the colon. The doctor indicated that waiting any longer for this surgery would mean death within the next few days or weeks.” The doctor performs many of these surgeries each year, but this is risky because of the Avastin drug that has been used along with Jane’s chemo treatments. Avastin hinders wounds from healing properly in some cases. Please pray that the surgery will be successful and that God will guide Dr. Morris and his team in the decisions they make. Pray that Jane’s body will heal quickly and properly from the surgery. Pray, too, for Jane’s family during this ordeal.

for additional prayer requests, visit The Alliance Prayer Requests page

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Harry Landaw writes, ”A CT scan has determined that there is a blockage in Jane’s small intestine; surgery will take place today, May 15.

for additional prayer requests, visit The Alliance Prayer Requests page

Just finished lifting Jane up to the Lord in prayer
  • Julie Daube likes this

#3 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

Praying for a miracle!
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#4 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

God knows Jane's need ,I pray she heals and rests in Him
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#5 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Our Bobo team has been praying for Jane these many months and for her family and for a great turning to Christ in Japan. At lunch today one of our M.K.'s reminded us to pray for Jane. We trust Him who knows the way He takes and who has promised to be our rock and firm foundation.