Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

My Uncle is dying as I type, in an icu trauma unit,it could be seconds or minutes or hours probably not days but then only God can say.I realized tonight in talking with my cousin in the lobby where we adjourned to for "the quiet time in icu" that in the past year as we and my Dad and sister have gone and met uncle Jerry where he was and helped him with his life needs AND LOVED HIM AND ACCEPTED AND PRAYED FOR HIM AND WITH HIM that as we did these things we without calling ourselves anything were and are the church......there have been hard times good times and mostly lifetimes shared and spent.And in doing so we have shown God and given all the glory to him and He has used us in the simplest yet grandest ways....in helping Jerry, God showed us how to love when it is inconvenient and hard and to give forgiveness and mercy to others even if we don't feel like it,Jerry never married or had kids of his own but he toched so many lives and as Jesus prepares hisroom in his mansion I pray for a calm peaceful love to hold us all .thank you Lord for without you there is just nothing
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I believe that the church that you describe is the real church. The beauty of it is that it goes wherever we are. All we have to do is invite God into whatever situations we find ourselves in. Like the verse says, "Wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I am there." It doesn't take pastors or teachers. It doesn't take buildings, services, music or any of the other things we typically associate with church. All it takes is people coming together and letting God be at the center of whatever we find ourselves doing.
  • elizabethcog and chipped china like this

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Amen over and over!

#4 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

He is with God in that I rejoice,thank you all for thoughts and prayers,much love in Christ,elizabeth.......Also this same day my aunt Lorraine on my Dad's sidepassed on also please remember her family too=)
  • Lori Smith likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D