Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Nikdovnihan

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:10 AM

Is there a reason I can't find the Vision Statement of the C&MA on the website? The only place I can find it is the manual and it does not match what the vision statement that is stated on the link here Mission.

#2 Robert Fugate

Robert Fugate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• Project SouthPointe

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

HI Mark, I am writing from the Chile field. The statement on the vision statement on the web site, the first page of the about us, seems to be an expanded version of the vision statement. Over the years, the vision statement has been fluid, written in pencil, not in cement. This may be the current vision statement, anyone have a confirmation for us?

Thanks,
Bob

Bringing Hope – Transforming Lives 

Robert Fugate  - Pastor SouthPointe Project
Christian and Missionary Alliance - Mexico Field
fugate@cmamexico.net

#3 Rick Hemphill

Rick Hemphill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Painting, Design, Soccer, Hiking, Camping, Backpacking . . .
  • I am a Layperson

• ClayHouse Church

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Gentlemen - Let me see if I can shed a little light on this subject.

Traditionally, the vision statement for the C&MA has been "cast" by the sitting President of the U.S. C&MA. and would likely be featured on our Web site. As you have discovered, The Alliance Web site currently features language about our "Vision for Ministry" rather than a traditional Vision Statement. These words reflect the heart of our current president, Gary Benedict, and his vision for The Alliance. Moving forward, our intent is to focus in on the Mission of the C&MA—to know Jesus Christ and complete His Great Commission—one we believe to be "visional" in nature.

Mark-The vision statement you found contained in the manual was provided by Peter Nanfelt, our previous president. We appreciate the heads up on this matter and the Office of the Corporate Secretary will be removing it from the Manual as does not reflect the current vision being articulated by our current president, Gary Benedict. We apologize for this oversight as it should have been removed a few years ago.

Hope this helps!

#4 Mark Wood

Mark Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• Nikdovnihan

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Gentlemen - Let me see if I can shed a little light on this subject.

Traditionally, the vision statement for the C&MA has been "cast" by the sitting President of the U.S. C&MA. and would likely be featured on our Web site. As you have discovered, The Alliance Web site currently features language about our "Vision for Ministry" rather than a traditional Vision Statement. These words reflect the heart of our current president, Gary Benedict, and his vision for The Alliance. Moving forward, our intent is to focus in on the Mission of the C&MA—to know Jesus Christ and complete His Great Commission—one we believe to be "visional" in nature.

Mark-The vision statement you found contained in the manual was provided by Peter Nanfelt, our previous president. We appreciate the heads up on this matter and the Office of the Corporate Secretary will be removing it from the Manual as does not reflect the current vision being articulated by our current president, Gary Benedict. We apologize for this oversight as it should have been removed a few years ago.

Hope this helps!

Rick, thanks for the clarification on that one- I don't know who would clarify this but there is also a statement in the IM handbook that is another vision statement as well.

#5 Robert Fugate

Robert Fugate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• Project SouthPointe

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

Rick, thanks for the clarification on that one- I don't know who would clarify this but there is also a statement in the IM handbook that is another vision statement as well.

Thanks Rick....you guys do a great job, This helps.
Bob

Bringing Hope – Transforming Lives 

Robert Fugate  - Pastor SouthPointe Project
Christian and Missionary Alliance - Mexico Field
fugate@cmamexico.net

#6 JayHerrera

JayHerrera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

I love the alliance program and the web page. Gods Word is the only important Word and is more important than ever, the history is great on peoples own Faith, but we as believers need to preach the Word and the new testament...

#7 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

I love the alliance program and the web page. Gods Word is the only important Word and is more important than ever, the history is great on peoples own Faith, but we as believers need to preach the Word and the new testament...

You are right, Jay. The vision of The Alliance is soundly based on the Word of God and it is out of this that we share Jesus love with the world. Check Rick's response regarding the particular question that was asked, and let's make sure we keep on topic.

#8 mel14821

mel14821

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Worship, Discipleship, Evangelism, Outreach, Bible study, Spiritual formation, Small groups, Church planting.
  • I am a Layperson

• Campbell Alliance/ Beartown Road Alliance

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:06 PM

A question related to creating a vision statement for the local church. I was told our mission statement is the Great Commission, i.e. Matt. 28:19-20, and the vision statement would look different for each local church. So while helping to revitalize a local church, we are trying to rewrite our vision statement. Keep it short and concise seems to be an issue. Could I get some input from those who have gone before me in this, how best can our local church created a vision statement that lines up with Scripture, with the Alliance's vision as a whole, and fits our local context.

Currently, one potential statement goes something like this: To love God and to love people by equipping, encouraging, and investing into them each other through God given talents and abilities (spiritual gifts), in the church, and the community as a whole. 

Relevant thoughts are much appreciated!