• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

Alliance international workers Bob and Cheryl Fugate serve in Chile, where the trapped miners are being rescued after more than two months underground. They report that Chilean Alliance Pastor Antonio Carcamo is one of five area pastors to be a part of the pastoral care team for the rescue effort, and Alliance church member Isaac Espinoza is flying the miners to the hospital. According to the Fugates, Bibles were one of the first supplies requested by the miners during their ordeal.

Read all about it, and share your feedback.

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

That is so interesting.

Isn't the Chilean C&MA the one that is now fully a self supported church, sending out their own missionaries and requires no missionaries now?

Thanks, Julie.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Many of our Latin American Alliance churches are sending out their own missionaries, and North American workers are transitioning out of some of those countries, including Brazil. However, there are still some North American international workers serving in those countries during the transition process (some need to remain to train nationals to take over ministries). I am not quite sure where the Chilean Alliance is in this process.

Maybe someone else reading this thread can comment along those lines!